La protección de la Tort
uga Golfina ( Protection of Turtle Ridley) starts since the year 1975 , In the community Marcovia El Venado Township ,has participated on voluntary basis in coordinating the following activities:
Raising awareness about the importance of conservation, harvesting and planting egg turtles and release of their hatchlings ( baby turtles ) , coordinating conservation activities with Local and National institutions, such as the Navy, and Township of Marcovia CODDEFFAGOLF , “Comité de verificación y control” (CVC) ,verification and monitoring committee .
Since November of 2008, “Programa de Pequeñas Donaciones” (PPD/PNUD) approved the construction Visitor Centre “El proyecto Construcción del Centro de Visitante para la protección de la Tortuga Golfina” That conducted the following activities:
- Training in organizational strengthening.
- Protection of Turtle Ridley.
- Cleaning and collection of plastics in 4 miles of beach.
- Collection and planting of propagules in 7 hectares of deforested mangroves, and preserving the habitat of species of birds like (Grey Heron, Yellow Warbler).
- Build the Visitor Center for the Protection of Turtle Ridley. In all the above activities is a local contribution of 50 % of the approved budget.