Guardería Infantil “Raúl David Sevilla” (Day-Care) is a day-care centre, governmental and non-profit organization, founded on December 1977, established to help parents (mainly single mothers) of the area of Danlí, located in the western region of Honduras.
The day-care centre receives and pays attention to children all year round; approximately a maximum of 125 children are in the day-care centre, with a discrepancy of approximately 50 children during Christmas holidays since their parents can take care of them in their homes.
The day-care centre is mainly divided in the following way:
- “Sala Cuna” (“Room Crib”): children from 2 months to 1 year old.
- “Sala Maternal” (“Room Maternal”): children from 1 year up to 6 years old.
The main aims of the day-care centre are:
- To be a day-care centre for children of working parents in the local area of Danlí.
- Provide a preschool education to all the children that are registered in the day-care centre.
- Finish undone projects: decoration of the rooms “To Rest”, “Maternal”, Pre-Kinder, Kinder and Reception (in Spanish, Preparatoria) Classes, and to perform the electrification of the facilities.