Organization that promotes empowerment, participation and rights of sexual minorities.
Different actions directed to provide help to the gay-lesbiantrans community in La Paz and in other regions and aiming to change the attitudes of the society as a whole:
- Organizing workshops about sexually transmitted infections, self-esteem and rights of gays-lesbians;
- Producing informative material and redacting the bulletin; publicising activities via social media
- Delivering speeches in schools and universities about sexuality and homophobia;
- Giving speeches, workshops and presentations to local government officials, public bodies about sexual orientation. - Offering a confidential line for all those who feel like misunderstood or have doubts regarding sexual relations to ring up;
- Currently working on legal proposals relating to gender identity and same-sex marriage with CDC (listed below) – as of December 2012.
- Have a café space (café Vox) – open every weekday with a library of books, magazines and videos.
-Organize yearly events for the Int. Day against Homophobia and Trasphobia and a gay pride event (June/July) as well as sporadic conferences with other LGBT organisations.
Tasks: Organising events, providing assistance in workshops and in various other activities and projects undertaken by the organisation. Day-to-day help in the office, with cataloguing, translations, updating the internet, Facebook and twitter pages with information and international news relating to LGBT rights. Organising the library, exchange of ideas and experiences among cultures and implementing methods to increase the self-esteem of the community.
To be an open, flexible and creative person with organisational skills, be able to work in a group and have communication skills. Preferably to have previous studies in psychology or communication.
How to get there?
Terminal: La Paz
International Airport: El Alto
6 months for 2000 euro, 1 year for 3100 euro