Defensa de Niñas y Niños Internacional-Bolivia is a private, non-profit association founded on 27th of April in 1985. It is politically independent and is part of the movement of The International Children's Protection in Geneva, Switzerland. The different activities take place in both rural and urban areas of the city. At this moment the association has 5 affiliates situated in La Paz, El Alto, Oruro, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz.
The main activities of the project are the following:
- Develop law and public politic proposals responding to the needs of the children in the project.
- Search and investigate subjects with reference to childhood and adolescence.
- Free juristic, psychological, and social attention in relation to sexual and violent abuse, labour exploitation and legal advice to children in trouble with the law.
- Publication every three months of the paper "The Protagonists" and other educational materials.
- Develop an educational process within the area of human rights through courses, workshops, conferences and seminars.
- Encourage children and youngsters to participate actively.
- Help different social organisations.
Tasks; Depends on the area in which the volunteer is to work in.
A professional in one of these areas: psychology, sociology or law or somebody with previous experience in these fields. The volunteer must be responsible and capable of teamwork. More importantly, the volunteer must show maturity and responsibility in any given situation in the project.
How to get there?
Terminal: La Paz
International Airport: El Alto
6 months for 2000 euro, 1 year for 3100 euro