Our partner institution Qouta International of Cebu (QI Cebu) is a non-profit organization empowering women, children, the deaf, hard-of-hearing, and speech-impaired in local communities around the world. Founded in 1919, Quota International is one of the oldest international service organizations for women. Quota takes the lead in the “Hand in Hand Project” which is primarily implemented for the disadvantaged children, youth and women wherein they provide educational needs for the children enrolled in Public Day Care Centers as well as skills training and livelihood assistance to young mothers and deaf/hard in hearing youth (people with disabilities). The project also aims to support school facilities that need improvement as well as nutrition and wellness.
Live with a host family
With the support and assistance of QI Cebu the volunteer shall undertake the following activities such as:
1. Assist in the implementation and monitoring of special youth and women’s livelihood program
2. Assist the San Jose Day Care Center teacher in the academic and social activities of the school
3. Assist QI Cebu in the conduct of special projects to local communities in the province of Cebu
4. Assist in the provision of nutrition, health care and wellness to local children and youth
5. Organize events and activities with the Quota International of Cebu Youth Club like art, sports and team building activities
Bring local delicacies/drinks, educ. supplies and art materials for kids/youth
How to get there?
Terminal: V-hire/Jeepney Terminal, Ayala Center or SM Mall, Cebu City
International Airport: Mactan Cebu International Airport, Lapu-lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
MTV- Euro 350 for the first month. Additional Euro 300 per month from the second to third months